Thursday, November 4, 2010

Three secrets to success

Several days ago, I watched a short video that the name tag "Scott" talked about the important skills for success on a TV show. I can't agree him more. So here are the three things I should keep in mind for a successful career, and life also I think.

No. 1 Don't be stopped by not knowing how.
"How" is overrated. What we need to know is "why we are doing it?", "why is it important?".

No. 2 Idea is free. Execution is priceless.
Without execution, idea is no more than illusion.

No. 3 Commitment is not enough.
You need visually remind people of your commitment. Otherwise, people won't listen to you.



In my past life, I was stopped by not knowing how. Because I did not know how to do that, I postponed to do it or just quit. What a pity! If I started do something right away even without knowing how, I may find out the solution through exploring the problem. That really reminds me of my high school time. When I took math exam, sometimes, I found that I have no idea how to solve a problem. But when I began to write some equations and derivation from what I knew and some possible method, I surprisingly got the right method to solve the problem. At that time, I always knew that you must at least try even without knowing how. The early, the better.

Keep these three things in mind. Start doing your work immediately. Hold on especially when things become hard. Keep going!

ps. The link of the video I mentioned above.
Scott, the Name Tag Guy, Has 3 Secrets To Success

No comments:

Post a Comment